If you had a peek inside my bag at any time, you are 100% guaranteed to find some food lurking in there. To me – and those around me – there’s nothing worse than being out and about when suddenly, HANGER STRIKES and there’s no food in sight! Ask anyone who knows me, and they will agree that this is a seriously dangerous affair.
When Ben and I were on our first holiday together, he didn’t quite know how important it is that I am kept well-fed at all times. Then one morning, when he kept brushing off my urgent appeals for breakfast, I pretty much WENT BERSERK (sorry Ben!!)- and well, let’s just say that was the last time he ignored my suggestions to go get some food, haha!
So if you’re also prone to the occasional food-related angry outburst, you might be able to relate to some of the things below!
- Getting irritable with your family/friends for no apparent reason, then one of them suggests that perhaps it might be a good idea to go get you some food.
- When your friends can’t agree on a restaurant, yet the only thing you care about is getting some form of edible item down your mouth.
- Having a meltdown when the restaurant takes forever to serve your food.
- Trying – and failing – to socialise whilst you wait for your food to arrive at a restaurant.
- Apologising to your friends after a meal – for the person you were, and the things you said before your meal.
- Packing an entire picnic in your handbag for a one hour trip somewhere – and an entire year’s worth of food when boarding a short-haul flight.
- The absolute horror when you realise you’d eaten the last snack in your bag yesterday and you’ve got NO ACCESS TO FOOD for at least the next 30 minutes.
- The torture of an extremely slow moving queue at your local cafe.
- Not being able to understand the person who ‘skipped lunch but will make up for it with a really big dinner tonight’ – How is it possible to operate on that many hours of NO FOOD?
- Having to stop yourself from acting like a 2 year old when you’ve reached ULTIMATE HUNGER LIMITS
- The joy of meeting a fellow hangry friend, who understands EXACTLY where you’re coming from!