Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and whilst I agree that it has become quite heavily commercialised these days, I still think that it’s a great reminder for us all to spread a little love. This does not mean that we need to shower our loved ones with heart-shaped gifts on February 14th or make some grand declaration of love. The best way of showing someone that you care is with the small acts of love. Today I’ll be sharing 15 small acts of love you can incorporate into your daily routine to spread a little love all around!
These small acts of love can be shared with anyone in your life – whether that is your partner, your parents, your friends, your colleagues…some of them can even be shared with the random people you don’t know that you come across throughout your day.
- Leave them a little surprise note in their bag – one that will surely guarantee a smile on their face when they open it!
- Send a good morning text, wishing them a good day ahead.
- Pay close attention to what they really want – and act accordingly. Surprise them with cinema tickets to the film they’ve been mentioning, cook their favourite meal – it could be anything!
- Pay them a compliment – it costs nothing but it could very well make their day!
- Show them you appreciate what they do for you, and give something back
- Surprise them every once in a while – no matter if it’s big or small, (almost) everyone loves a surprise!
- Give them a hug
- Buy a small ‘just because’ present – no need for a reason!
- Acknowledge the little things they do for you – a little ‘thank you’ can make such a difference to their day
- Make breakfast and a cup of tea/coffee for them in the morning, before anyone else is awake
- Call those family members you never really get the chance to speak to
- Visit someone you haven’t seen in a while and bring some homemade treats with you
- Do a chore the other person hates doing
- Spend some time with them doing whatever they want to do
- Smile at a stranger in the street – you don’t know what they might be going through, a friendly face could make their day!
Share an act of love and make someone’s day! 🙂
Bonus 16. Check out this post on ideas for helping those in need when money is tight!