Sleek is hands-down one of my favourite brands when it comes to eyeshadows. Not only is the quality comparable to MAC, but the brand is affordable and is now widely available from Boots and Superdrug. I recently re-discovered the Sleek ‘Vintage Romance’ palette in my makeup collection, and it has since made an appearance in my February Favourites.
However, I thought that this palette deserved a post of its own where you could see the shades close up, as well as some swatches!
What first attracted me to the Sleek Vintage Romance palette is the gorgeous range of gold, bronze and purple shades included in this palette. I tend to reach for gold/bronze eyeshadows on most days, however I liked the fact that the palette also includes some purple-toned shades for those days (or nights) when I’m feeling more adventurous!
As with all the other Sleek eyeshadows I have tried, the eyeshadows in the Vintage Romance palette are very pigmented and blend nicely. As I mentioned, the quality of these eyeshadows is pretty much up there with my MAC eyeshadows. However, this palette, which contains 12 shades, is available for £7.99 – that’s less than one MAC eyeshadow!
Starting from the top row (L-R) the shades include:
- Pretty in Paris: A shimmery silver shade, perfect for an inner corner highlight
- Meet in Madrid: A bright gold shade
- Court in Cannes: A gold/bronze shade, similar to MAC Woodwinked
- Lust in LA: A gold/bronze shade, with olive green undertones
- Romance in Rome: A navy blue shade with electric blue glitter – I love using this as liner on my upper lash line
- Propose in Prague: A warm matte red-toned brown shade – one of my all-time favourite shades for blending in the crease!
And on the bottom row (L-R):
- A Vow in Venice: A purple/cranberry shade, similar to MAC Cranberry
- Marry in Montecarlo: A purple/cranberry shade with pink/red glitter
- Honeymoon in Hollywood: A purple shade with silver glitter
- Bliss in Barcelona: A royal blue-toned purple with silver/blue glitter
- Forever in Florence: A deep purple shade with a brown-undertone
- Love in London: A black shade with silver glitter
I love the range of shades in this palette, and although it only contains one matte shade, it’s lovely and one of my favourite matte shades which I own!
Do you own any Sleek palettes? Which one’s your favourite?