|Some of my favourite designs by Rosie Willett|
As it’s now autumn and the weather has started to get colder, I’ve been really enjoying wearing a more dewy, glowy makeup look to brighten up my skin. Like many others, I find that my skin tends to become quite dry and dull during the colder months. However, some simple makeup techniques can make all the difference and help you look bright and fresh!
I recently attended a friend’s wedding, where I decided to go for a glowy makeup look. When applying makeup for a special event, such as a wedding, it is important to take a few things into consideration. Firstly, it is important to use long-lasting makeup, as you will want your makeup to look good throughout the whole day, with minimal touch-ups required. Secondly, it is important to consider what outfit you will be wearing. As I wore a navy blue floral dress, I decided to stick with gold/bronze eye makeup and a neutral pink lip.
It is also important to consider whether you will be wearing a headpiece to the wedding, and if so, to go for a makeup look which compliments it nicely. I love Rosie Willett‘s headpiece and tiara designs, as they look so classy and complete a wedding look in such a beautiful way. Rosie has also put together a makeup tutorial to complement her Moondance collection here.
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15. The MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation was ideal for this makeup look as it provides a medium-full coverage, thereby covering any imperfections and giving the skin a smooth and even finish.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory. As the foundation I used was quite matte, I decided to go for the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, which is great for brightening the skin. It has a very creamy formula, which is perfect for covering up any dark under-eye circles.
- KIKO Rebel Romantic Perfecting Bronzer in Light-Medium. This bronzer is a recent purchase, and I absolutely love it. As this bronzer is matte, it was perfect for lightly contouring my face. I also dusted some bronzer all over my face to add some warmth.
- Benefit Dandelion Blush. I added some of this pretty light pink blush from Benefit on my cheeks. As its such a light pink shade, you can also get away with gently dusting this all over your face for a brightening effect.
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NW20. My current go-to powder, this sets my makeup in place, helps it last longer, and also provides some additional coverage.
- Topshop Glow Stick. I can’t get enough of this product lately as its so easy to apply and leaves my skin looking healthy and glowy! I posted a full review here.
- KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 06 Golden Brown. As the focus of this makeup look is mostly on the eyes I wanted to make sure the eye makeup looked super pretty and lasted as long as possible. For this reason I used this eyeshadow stick in a gorgeous deep gold shade all over my eyelid as a base, blending it out using my fingers.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette. Shades: Smog, Half Baked and Naked. I decided to use some shades from my trusty Urban Decay Naked palette. I applied the dark bronze shade, Smog, all over my eyelid, then added a lighter, golden shade, Half Baked, on the inner third of my eyelid, and finished it off by blending a cool, matte, light brown shade, ‘Naked’ in the crease. I also added Smog and Half Baked along my lower lash line to brighten up the look even more.
- L’Oreal Superliner Black Lacquer Waterproof. I applied some liquid eyeliner along my upper lash line and added a little flick at the outer corners. This eyeliner is super long-lasting and very pigmented.
- L’ancome Hypnose Star Mascara. I applied a couple of coats of this mascara, which really helped to lengthen and volumise my lashes. I love the formula of this as it’s also long-lasting and does not flake.
- KIKO Velvet Mat Satin Lipstick in 612 Strawberry Pink. Finally, I applied some of this gorgeous lipstick from KIKO. This has a satin finish (similar to that of MAC), feels comfortable on the lips and is not drying at all. It is really pigmented and has amazing lasting power – making it the perfect choice for this special day!
What’s your favourite makeup look for attending a wedding?
*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own, honest opinions.*