As you may have noticed I have been quite quiet on the blog during the past week – this is because I was on holiday! Edinburgh is one of my favourite places in the world and I could not wait to spend a week exploring the city. The weather was very warm during the first few days. In fact, I even got sunburnt – not something I was expecting on a trip to Scotland!
I hope that you enjoy some of the photos I took, below. I would highly recommend visiting the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh if you haven’t already – it’s lovely!
ps – Check out my mini Edinburgh City Guide at the end of the post!
Some of the highlights of my trip included:
- Visiting the magnificent Edinburgh Castle
- Joining a free walking tour. The company we used was Sandeman’s New Edinburgh Tours, and our tour guide, Colin, took us on a very fun and informative journey around Edinburgh. This included lots of sights and information any Harry Potter fan would find super interesting – including the cafe were JK Rowling wrote the first couple of books as well as the cemetery nearby with a few familiar names from the books. I would highly recommend doing this if you’re visiting the city!
- Shopping on Princes Street (SUCH a good Primark!)
- Sitting outside the Scottish National Gallery watching a bagpiper play the bagpipe – when a large group of children turned up and started dancing in the middle of the square!
- Walking around Arthur’s Seat – definitely climbing to the top of this extinct volcano on my next visit. The panoramic views at the top are said to be amazing.
- Taking a short train journey to Stirling and visiting the remarkable Stirling Castle